Posted by: wildflowerz | September 10, 2011

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you’d better run, better run, outrun my gun. All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you’d better run, better run, faster than my bullet.

Oy vey.  So, Chris was under the delusion that he would have this surgery in a couple of hours, have a couple of hours recovery time, and then go home.  Of course, at home, he’d take a while to recover, but still…he’d be home.  Imagine our surprise when we get there yesterday and they start talking about an overnight stay.  All my plans this weekend for Em revolved around me being able to have him at home and not on pins and needles wondering for hours and hours when I’d get to take him home.  Stressful!

So, I took him in at 11:30 yesterday.  He went back to be prepped and stuff soon after.  I stayed until 1pm when I left for home to pick up Em at the bus stop.  Luckily, my mom had offered to come if I needed her, so I called her and she headed over.  They called around 4 and let me know that the surgery went just fine.  Mom went to pick up dinner for us.  We started eating and they called back to let us know he was in the room and they’d decided he’d stay overnight.  So I gobbled down the food and headed up there.  The nurse that called said that I could stay in the room with him for the night and it was super comfy, etc.

I get there and finally find him.  He didn’t look too bad.  He had gauze under his nose and it was bleeding a bit, but other than that, he just seemed super groggy.  I stayed with him for several hours.  There were 2 chairs in the room and they were wooden and very badly padded.  I’m not sure who they were kidding that someone else could sleep in there.  Chris didn’t want me to stay anyway, so I went home.  I went back this morning at 7 and hoped for an early release so I could make Em’s soccer game.  Especially since stupid me had decided I’d be the snack mom today.  Luckily, my mom was able to take her.  I hear they had a good game and played well, but they lost.  She said they had fun, though, so yay. 🙂

I got home with Chris around 11:30 and put him to bed.  He’s feeling way better today.  He’s sleeping right now.  I got home and took Em to her birthday party.  As I was leaving, the girl’s mom offered to bring Em home so I didn’t have to come back and get her.  They’re our neighbors.  They got home about half an hour ago and called asking if Em could play there for a while.  So, whew!

I was super frustrated with not having any kind of even rough estimate on when stuff could happen.  This went from something I could manage to going way outta control and it was really frustrating!  Chris is home now and not feeling too bad, so I think we’re good.  Em’s got a birthday party tomorrow and I’ll probably stay with her for it.  I think Chris will be okay during that.

I’ve been grinding my teeth at night, I’m pretty sure.  I’ve had headaches all week and my jaws are killing me.  I’m hoping that now that the worst is done with this surgery that the anxiety will lessen and I won’t do it anymore.  But ug.

Oh, I finally got my email saying I could go into Pottermore.  I go to the website and it’s down for maintenance.  What the hell kinda crap is that?  Oh well. 😦


  1. Hang in there. Things are bound to get better!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: