This is the fourth in a series of 5 reviews of Greek Nonfat Yogurt. Obviously, this is my personal opinion. I’ve tried Greek yogurt before and not liked it. I found it very bitter and I didn’t like it at all. However, I’m trying to lay off the artificial sweeteners, and Greek yogurt has more filling protein in it, so here I am. I got strawberry in all five flavors to better compare. First, the facts:
- Type: Chobani Greek Nonfat Strawberry Yogurt
- Serving Size: 1 container, 170g, 6oz
- Nutrition Facts: Calories-140 (Calories from Fat-0), Total Fat-0g (Saturated Fat-0g, Trans Fat-0g), Cholesterol-0mg, Sodium-65mg, Total Carbohydrates 20g (Dietary Fiber <1g, Sugars 19g), Protein 14g
- Ingredients: Nonfat Yogurt (Cultured Pasteurized Nonfat Milk, Lie and Active Cultures: S. Thermophilus, L. Bulgaricus, L. Acidophilus, Bifidus, and L. Casei), Fruit on the Bottom (Strawberries, Evaporated Cane Juice, Pectin, Natural Flavors, Locust Bean Gum, Fruit and Vegetable Juice Concentrate(for color))
- Weight Watchers Points+: 3
- Price: $1.34 – Publix, on sale 3/$4
My Opinion: This one wasn’t bad. It was almost as tasty as Liberté, but not quite. It’s definitely more volume for your points at 6oz instead of the 5.3 that the other yogurts have been. I’d totally get this one if it were on sale.
Objective Comparison of Facts: Serving size is 6oz instead of 5.3, making this the largest serving size so far, but still for the same point of WW Points+. Comparing the containers, this one has just 10 less calories than the highest yogurt, Liberté. However, when you take into account the size difference, it’s only a little more than the next lowest yogurt. It has the same mg of sodium as yesterday’s yogurt, but again taking into account the size difference, it’s much closer to Liberté, the lowest. It has the same amount of total carbs as Liberté, the highest. However, again taking the size into consideration, it comes in 3 out of 4 for the highest carbs. This is the first one that has any fiber in it, though at “<1” it’s probably nothing to bother with. At 19g of sugar, this one also has the most, no matter if you take the size into consideration or not. This one also has the most protein, but falls behind Oikos when you adjust for the volume.
Order of Yumminess, Best to Worst: 1-Liberté, 2-Chobani, 3-Voskos, 4-Oikos Organic
Review Coming Tomorrow: Fage