Posted by: wildflowerz | April 8, 2013

Hey, hey, easy kids. Everybody in the car. Boat leaves in two minutes… or perhaps you don’t want to see the second largest ball of twine on the face of the earth, which is only four short hours away?

Starting Weight: 239.2
Current Weight: 177.8
Weekly Change: +0.4
Total Loss: 62.4
3rd Goal (10% More): 63lbs
Daily Points Allowance: 26
Activity Point Earned Last Week: 54
Weekly Points Used Last Week: 6

Look at that.  I gained.  I was expecting a gain last week and so I might think that it was last week just catching up to me except that the gain I expected last week was due to my period (so that gain would have been temporary) and muscle soreness from a new workout (also temporary).  So that can’t be it.  It was Chris’s birthday this past Saturday and since we were going to be out of town, Em and I made him a cake on Monday and we went out to eat.  I had 2 pieces of cake during the week that I normally wouldn’t have had and then we ate out an extra day.  However, the eating out an extra day was just Longhorn with their Under 500 menu, so that part shouldn’t be it.  Could it just be the cake?  I counted everything I ate.  Oh well.  It’s one week and it’s a tiny gain.  I don’t think it merits dwelling on too much unless it continues.  So, onward and upward (or I guess downward since we’re talking my weight. 🙂

It was  TOUGH weekend for me.  We got Em out of school on Friday before lunch and we all got in the car and drove down to visit Chris’s sister in extreme south Georgia.  (I say extreme because they live 1 mile from Florida!)  Her 30th birthday is in a few weeks and her hubs surprised her with an early bday party.  So while I doubt she reads my blog here, it was better to be safe and just not mention it.  Anyway, the weekend was tough for several reasons.  I do way better when I know what’s coming up, so I can plan ahead.  For instance, I knew it would be a bday thing, so probably cake.  I’d figured that depending on the type, I could have some or not.  Either way, I could work it out.  But a lot of other stuff happened beyond my control and I just don’t deal very well with that.  Anyway, Friday before we drove down, we stopped at Subway for lunch.  Subway’s always a good choice because it’s the only fast food where stuff’s low in points and pretty satisfying.  So, we did that and then headed down.  (I say “so” a lot, don’t I?)  Anyway, the ride down was fairly uneventful.  We listened to an audiobook.  About an hour and a half into the drive, I realized that the dressier clothes that we’d planned to wear to the brunch were still hanging off a cabinet in the kitchen.  Those clothes wrinkle easily, so I’d left them hanging up.  The only place to hang them near where all our stuff was was on a cabinet.  So we forgot them.  ARG!  Then, I tried to find a Target that was on our way, but that proved to be a giant pain in the ass because our phones suck and kept crashing and there was no phone service most of the drive.  Because we forgot the clothes, I’m annoyed and freaking out.  If we’d been able to stop and fix it fairly soon, it wouldn’t have been so bad, but there were NO Targets on our trip down.  I found one near-ish where we were going, so that was going to be a last resort.  I did eventually find one on the way, about 30 minutes from our destination, so we planned on that.  But this is me we’re talking about.  Until it’s resolved, I’m a mess.

We made it to the Target and in less than 30 minutes we were all outfitted for the next day.  Why Target, you ask?  (Okay, maybe not, but I’m going to tell you anyway.)  I shop at Target a lot.  And in the past two weeks, I’ve been there twice, trying on lots of outfits and specifically dresses.  I already knew what didn’t look good and what did.  I was hoping to get the same dress I had planned on wearing, just in a different print.  Or my second choice dress from my first trip.  They have men’s basic dressier stuff.  And I can usually find a dress for Em, though that department’s been going downhill for a while.  So, we got there and they didn’t have any of the dress I already had in my size.  Nor did they have any of my 2nd choice in my size.  They didn’t have a lot of anything in my size as far as dresses go.  It looked like they needed a fresh shipment or restocking or something because they didn’t have a lot of anything.  I eventually found a dress in my size in the same style as my original one, but it was in a silkier, much less sturdy fabric.  (And no pockets!)  They also were sold out of a lot of those shrug jacket things in most colors.  I ended up getting that dress and a white shrug jacket.  Em was harder.  They had precisely 5 dresses.  One wasn’t in her size.  Another was like a tee shirt on top with a skirt attached and not dressy at all.  One was really cute, but it was REALLY short and the neck dipped way too low.  The other two were the same dress:  one in pink, one in purple.  They were the spaghetti strap ones, so she needed a shrug.  Nope.  They had some kinda ugly sweaters, but it was the best we could find, so she tried that.  It looked okay, but we had to get tights because it was still rather short.  On our way back, we found another jacket that was a bit longer, but cuter.  So she ended up with a dark purple dress, black jacket, white tights, white shoes, and a white headband.  It didn’t look awful, but it’s not what I’d have picked at all.  Grrr.  Chris, of course, found some pants and a button up shirt with no problem.  Though the sizes were weird.  Chris can wear a 34, but it’s usually a tiny bit tight.  He usually gets 36s.  Their 36s were way tight, so he had to get a 38, which looked loose.  I’m thinking the 36 was just mis-labeled and he didn’t bother to try another, but we were trying to hurry, so I didn’t point it out.

We’d originally planned to leave after Em got out of school.  But we knew that most of the rest of our time there would be eaten up and the hotel had a pool.  Em’s not swam since August (excepting about 20 minutes at Disney) and she LOOOOVES to swim.  So since it was the Friday before Spring Break and we knew they wouldn’t be doing a lot, we gave her the option to check out early so we could get there early and she could swim.  On our original timetable, we’d be getting there around 5pm.  We planned on grabbing a quick dinner (fast food probably) and then letting her swim.  We got there around 6pm and then the family wanted to eat dinner together.  Of course, this means a sit-down place.  Luckily, the place we went wasn’t crowded and we sat right down.  Around home, going to eat at 6pm means you’ll have 30m to an hour to wait for a table!  So, we get to this place and it’s got pages and pages of stuff in their menu.  Looking at that, I think that I’ll be able to find something no problem!  But it’s pages and pages of really unhealthy stuff.  Gah!  I ended up getting a small filet with steamed broccoli and a salad with the dressing on the side.  I did pretty well.  But I ordered water and then remembered that the water down there is gross.  Luckily, I had some Mio in my purse.  Unfortunately, I ended up having to do that a LOT, so I had a lot more of the artificial stuff than I really wanted this weekend.  Oh well.  What can you do?  We got back to the hotel around 7:30 and get Em to the pool.  It was TEENY and there was a sauna in the same room.  There were a bunch of people in it and the room was SO freaking hot, I couldn’t stand it.  I ended up leaving Chris there with Em and went back up to our room to read.

We had a really good room.  It had two doubles and a separate area with a fold-out couch.  There were 2 tvs, one with the 2 beds and one with the couch.  There was an iPod dock too.  The bathroom was also ginormous.  It was at least twice the size of normal hotel bathrooms.  I think that was because it was equipped as a handicapped room.  There was even a phone next to the toilet. 😛  That night, Em got to bed a bit later than she normally does…about an hour.  I’d set my alarm the next morning for 6 so I’d have time to get up, exercise, shower and get ready before we had to be at the party at 10:30.  When the lights came on at 5:15am, I was hella annoyed.  I don’t sleep too well when I’m not in my bed anyway and I certainly could have used that extra 45 minutes!  Em had woken up and couldn’t go back to sleep.  So instead of playing on the Kindle Fire, one of her 2 DSs, or her iPod, she turned on the light to read.  /sigh  Chris can sleep through anything, so he just turned over and went back to sleep.  I wasn’t so lucky.  So I went ahead and got up and went down to their exercise room.  This room consisted of 2 treadmills and one elliptical.  I’d planned on running on the treadmill for a bit and then doing the elliptical, but a man came in and took the elliptical, so I just stayed on the treadmill.  I got back in about an hour and used my key on our room door.  It opened 2 inches and then stopped.  Em had engaged the banana lock thing so I couldn’t get in.  Really, Em?  Grrr!  So Chris, having just woke up and not thinking, told her he’d get it ’cause it could be a stranger….then proceeded to fuss at her for engaging it in the first place.  I can only think he just woke up and wasn’t thinking clearly on that one.  Also, since it was a handicapped room, we had two peepholes and one was her height.  Anyway.

We all got ready and headed out.  Our GPS took us a weird way, including a strange dirt road that connected two paved roads.  Whatever.  We got there and it was a pretty small thing.  It was us, Chris’s older sister (she left the rest of the family at home), Chris’s parents, the bday girl’s in-laws, and two couples she’s friends with.  His sis ended up being pretty late and while we were waiting, she called Chris to wish him a happy bday.  She asked him what he was doing and he just said he was going out with friends. 😛  Anyway, once she finally got there, we all ate.  It was a brunch thing.  It wasn’t too bad for me.  I’d also seen the cupcakes set out.  Fancy ones in all sorts of different flavors.  So, I’d decided I’d have one and I went light on meal food.  I estimated I only ate about 6 Points+ on regular food.  I had a pb cupcake that was good.  It wasn’t omgawesome.  I really should have only had half.  But I ate it all.  Bad decision since it didn’t leave me with many P+ for the rest of the day.  Anyway, we hung around for a while, talking.  We ended up leaving around 2 to head back to the hotel so Em could swim some more.  We all changed clothes and hung out after.  We headed over to the sister’s house close to 5 and hung out for a bit before we headed out for Mexican.  Okay, by the time we got back from the party I was STARVING.  I had brought my Greek yogurt for breakfasts because I knew the hotel would only have regular, but since I knew they had fruit for breakfast, I didn’t bother to bring any.  Bad decision, I thought.  I happened to think to check the breakfast area and they had fruit sitting out all day.  So I snagged a banana and an apple.  The apples they had were SO TART I could barely eat it.  But I did because I was really hungry!  Anyway, dinner that night was Mexican.  It’s this place near them that we always go to.  It’s nothing special…just a standard Mexican place.  But his family seems to think it’s amazing, so off we go.  I got just a chicken burrito with rice and beans with the intention of not eating the beans.  I didn’t eat any of the chips even though there was guac and cheese dip RIGHT next to me.  Yay me!  It took ages for the food to finally get there.  Once it did, mine was beef instead of chicken.  Of course, I was one of the last ones to get my plate and he was gone before I realized it.  And it took him forever to get back.  Once he finally got back, he switched it out and it didn’t take too very long.  However, once I got it and tried it, I discovered it wasn’t great.  Had we been at home, I probably would have eaten half of it then gotten something else at home.  But we weren’t at home and we were going back to their house afterwards.  So I ate the burrito and the rice.  /sigh  More wasted points.  When we got back to their house, the older sister had ordered a giant-ass Publix cake for Chris and his sister’s bday.  Gah!  I LOVE Publix cake.  Had I known that, I might have abstained from the cupcakes and just had that cake.  But I didn’t.  So Chris gave me a bite of his and then I sat there, starting and sniffing the damn thing until they finally took it away.  It was torture, I tell you!

The next morning, I got up at 6 to exercise again, but I was so exhausted.  I guess car travel and a bed that’s not my own does that to you?  I had a hard time just getting through an hour total.  I tried to do the elliptical, but it was fraked up and wouldn’t work right, so I just did 10 minutes before doing some floor exercises (which are NO substitute for my normal workout) and then 40 minutes on the treadmill.  I ran a mile and walked the rest.  More about why in a minute.  I had a hard time just getting through that.  I felt so dead!  I got back to the room and Em had just woken up.  She was watching tv with the cc on (Yay Em!  She learned!).  I started packing stuff up and Chris woke a bit later.  We all got ready and met his dad for breakfast downstairs.  Then we went to see the sister and her fam before we got on the road.  The trip back felt like it took forever.  I could hardly keep my eyes open, but I didn’t really sleep either. I had to drive for about an hour and a half in the middle and it was TOUGH.  When we finally got home I was so freaking grumpy.  I had hardly any points left somehow.  I’ve been so hungry at breakfast, that in addition to my yogurt and fruit, I had a hard boiled egg, so that was more than I usually have.  Then at lunch, we did Subway again, but I added some WW pop chips.  Then I had a WW snack bar on the trip because I was still hungry.  Maybe it’s because I couldn’t drink as much water (or we’d have to stop every 5 minutes!).  I don’t know, but that meant I’d eaten 6 more points than I usually would have and only had 10 left for the day.  So Chris got them Zaxby’s and I ate a sandwich and more fruit.  /sigh

This post is going to go on forever, I think.

I joined a challenge on FB called Run Your Ass Off in April.  You have to run a mile every day.  If you miss a day, you’ve got to run 3 the next day.  And if you miss 2 days, you have to run 5.  That’s why I made sure I ran a mile on Sunday.  I also ran a mile on Friday when I came back from WW.  Anyway, that’s that.

My parents were originally going to be coming to our house last night and waiting for us.  Then they’d take Em home with them and bring her back on Thursday.  Then, my dad decided that Em would probably have had enough of being in the car all day and decided to come this morning.  Totally a good choice and Em probably appreciates it.  It, however, has thrown me off.  I slept in until 7am this morning.  But I had no idea when my dad was going to get here.  I wanted to get back to the gym too.  He got here just before 10 and rested for about 10 minutes before he left, so I didn’t get to the gym until 10:15 or so.  I got back home around 12:30.  I sat down to finish this post first (I didn’t realize I had so much to write) so I really need to go hit the shower and have lunch.  I’ve got to make the grocery store too.

Chris and I don’t have much planned for while she’s gone.  I think there are any GOTTOSEE movies out, as usual when we get times to ourselves.  I think we might go for Chinese (Em hates it), but that’s about it.  We’re SO boring.  🙂  I also have to pick up the dog at some point today.  He’s getting a bath and they said they’d call when he was done.  Tuesday and Wednesday should be much better for the gym and stuff.  Thursday Em gets her expander put in, but other than that, we got nothing.  Originally her friend’s mom said that they were going camping next weekend (locally) and had to come back to do an ortho appointment for their daughter, so Em should totally come back with them!  Em was all excited.  I talked to the mom again this past week and she’d forgotten Em would be out of town the first part of the week.  When she heard that, she said it was too bad because they’d be out of town when Em came back, camping.  o.0  I don’t know.  That’s the second time that’s happened.  /shrug  I hope the weather’s still nice when Em comes back.  Maybe we’ll hit the park or something.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: