Starting Weight: 239.2
Current Weight: 172.6
Weekly Change: +1.2
Total Loss: 66.6
4th and Final Goal: 89.2 (150lb Goal Weight)
Daily Points Allowance: 26
Activity Point Earned Last Week: 49
Weekly Points Used Last Week: 15
Well, there ya go. Evidently my new modus operandi is to take two steps forward and one step back. Though, know what happens when I do that? I’m still farther ahead than I was, so it’s not dire. I’m definitely disappointed, but this isn’t earth-shattering.
Today’s meeting was about the Good Health Guidelines. Well, that’s what my leader made it about. It was actually supposed to be about how to get more Power Foods into your diet, but it’s kind of the same thing. The Good Health Guidelines what kinds of foods you should eat and how many servings you should eat a day, not to mention what actually constitutes a servings. It’s basic common sense type stuff for the most part. Would you like to know what WW says? No? Well, I’m going to tell you anyway.
- Fruits and Vegetables – You should have 5 servings (9 if you weigh more than 350lbs) a day of these. A serving of leafy greens is 1 cup. Everything else is 1/2 a cup.
- Lean Proteins – You should have 1 to 2 servings a day of these. A servings is two to three ounces. What constitutes a lean protein? Cooked meat, fish, poultry, dried beans, peas, lentils, eggs, and soy proucts such as tofu.
- Non-fat and Low-fat Dairy – You should have at least 2 servings (3 if you’re breastfeeding, a teenager, over 50 years old, or weigh more than 250lbs). A serving of milk, yogurt, or pudding is 1 cup. A servings of cheese is 1 1/2 oz, cottage cheese is 2 cups, and ricotta cheese is 1 1/2 cups.
- Whole Grains – Choose whole grains instead of white, refined grained whenever possible.
- Liquids – 6 cups of non-alcoholic liquids. My leader says that they should be non-alcoholic, non-caffeinated, but that’s not what the WW info says. /shrug
- Healthy Oils – You should have 2 teaspoons of healthy oils a day. What are they? There are 5: olive, canola, safflower, sunflower, and flaxseed.
- Multivitamin – Have one a day, every day. Choose one with no more than 100% of the daily recommendation for vitamins and minerals.
- Sodium, Sugar, and Spirits – Limit your intake. Women should have no more than 1 alcoholic beverage a day; men no more than 2.
And there ya go. I do well with the Multivitamin and Liquids. I do that almost every day. I usually get all my servings of F&V and Dairy. I probably get all my servings of Lean Protein each day. I do choose Whole Grains most of the time. And I almost never have alcohol. I almost NEVER get the Healthy Oils. I don’t really concern myself overmuch with Sodium. And Sugar’s my big weakness, though I do okay with that one.
Em had her last day of Summer Enrichment today and I had to drop her off at 9am. Since my WW meeting is at 8:30, I missed it. However, after I dropped off Em, I went ahead and went down to the area of the WW meeting so I could go to the 10:30 one. I went to Target first to look for a few things. Em’s sunblock doesn’t seem to be working. I’m not sure the new stuff worked either. /sigh I also wanted to get one of those air pump’s that hook to your car to blow up a big inner tube she’s got for the pool. I ended up not finding a good one for a reasonable price. So I just got a cheapy hand pump. Funny enough, Chris stopped by an auto place on the way home and bought one! Anyway, I also found a cheap slip and slide for Em and a new exercise outfit. I wanted one of those skirts with the capris built in. They had them. But I tried those on, along with two other pairs of compression capris. They looked cute, but the regular ones without the skirt fit much better for running. The skirted one felt like it might fall off! Not good! So I got a cute black pair with lots of blues for accents and a blue shirt in that moisture-wicking stuff. Cute! Totally wearing it tomorrow.
Em was supposed to have a play date at a friend’s house today, along with another girl. But last night, the mom hosting the play date canceled for that one, as well as the one we’d planned for the pool for next Wednesday. We ended up having the pool one today instead with the one girl. This is the same one who came over here just before school was out for their first playdate. They played for an hour or so very well and then one of Em’s best friends came to the pool. It started off kind of rocky with the best friend being a little snotty, but that worked out pretty quickly and they played well, all three, for another hour. Then Em’s OTHER best friend showed up. That’s when it all went to hell. The playdate friend started feeling left out. Em noticed and tried to just hang out with the playdate friend, but the best friends kept hanging around them. I was very proud of both Em and the playdate friend because they very nicely tried to let the best friends know that they wanted to do their own thing. The first best friend reacted reasonably well after a few grumbles, but the other one was seriously pissy and was ugly to Em when we left and Em went to say goodbye. This is the friend that most of the drama comes from. She’s sensitive about EVERYthing, it seems. /sigh Girls! Anyway, Em’s now got a sleepover planned with one friend on Tuesday night and another on Wednesday night with another friend! We also plan to hit the Farmer’s Market on Tuesday. And Monday Em’s getting braces, getting her hair cut, and dying her tips green. I was surprised, but she totally volunteered to get her hair cut. She said she was tired of all the tangles. But she wants to also dye her tips green. This is also her idea. I’m not sure how cute that’s going to be, but we’ll do it. 🙂
Tomorrow Em’s going to White Water in the morning with her dad and then she’s got a birthday party for one of the girls from her soccer team. Sunday we’re driving to see the grandparents for Father’s Day. I wonder if Chris’s parents will kick us out again? 😛