I did three of these today and a few others in the past week, so I thought I’d let you know how they went.
- How To Get Rid of Fruit Flies – So either this didn’t work at all or what I’ve got isn’t fruit flies. We have these tiny flying insects that fly in our face all summer long. I have no idea what they are. My guess was gnats or fruit flies. Googling told me that gnats gathered around plants and we don’t have any live plants in our house, so I figured maybe it was fruit flies. Who knows?
- How to Make Your Stainless Shine – Ug. This is a whole big thing that requires vinegar in a spray bottle, baking soda, Goo Gone, and olive oil. Let me save you a lot of time and effort. The only thing that did much of anything was the Goo Gone. It’s awesome. (Side note: Use Goo Gone to get off that dirty gunk that’s left behind sometimes when you take off a bandaid, especially on kids. Also use it to easily remove temporary tattoos!) The rest of this was a waste of time. And the olive oil did ABSOLUTELY nothing except make my sink slippery. I ended up wiping it all off and it looked the same as when I finished with the Goo Gone.
- How to Clean a Top Load Washing Machine – This is the only one I don’t have a real clear opinion on. Yes, the gunk around my bleach and fabric softener dispensers is gone. But I could have cleaned that with anything. I have no idea if the inside is cleaner than it was. It looks the same.
- How to Clean and Shine Your Microwave – This worked. No scrubbing involved. I’d like to know if it works just as well with just water. Because my house smelled very strongly of vinegar for HOURS after I did this. It wasn’t pleasant.
- How to Clean Your Showerhead – This did absolutely nothing but piss me off. My daughter’s bathroom is the regular tub/shower combo. So, there’s a ledge to stand on when I put the bag around the showerhead. My shower is a stall shower and there’s nothing to stand on. And I’m 5’4″. Frak. So I finally got this junk on and it did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. NO result at all. They still look the same. So don’t waste your time. Also, remember from grade school what happens when you add vinegar to baking soda? Yeah. If you still insist on trying this, pour it SLOWLY and take pauses for the bubbles to die down.
There you go. Have you tried any of these “handy tips” lately? How did they work out for you.