Posted by: wildflowerz | December 29, 2014

Darling, I’m a nightmare dressed like a daydream.

Well, hello.  I haven’t updated in AGES.  I haven’t been doing well with the weight loss.  At all.  In the 6 weeks since I’ve updated, I’ve gained at least 4.4lbs.  I say “at least” because I went this past Friday to WW, but I didn’t weigh in.  I know, that’s not me.  Even when I know it will be horrible, I always want to go ahead and weigh and just get it over with so I can move on.  But this has been an exceptionally bad time (which I’ll go into later), so I just couldn’t do it.

Let’s see, I have a lot to fill you in on.  You know I was taking the phentermine my doctor prescribed.  It was working okay, but not as well as when I first took it.  After my weight loss appointment, I had another appointment for a physical and blood work.  I went back for the results of the blood work too.  Everything was perfectly normal.  Everything.  So, for the weight loss drugs, you have to go once a month for them to check your weight and your fat and muscle percentages, etc.  You also get the drugs then, they don’t have refills, you have to visit every time.  So, when I went back, my doctor tells me that there’s no medical reason for him to prescribe the phentermine, so I can’t do it any more.  Yeah.  He said I could try topomax, though I’m not sure why I could try that one and not the phentermine.  Usually they do both of them together, but since I’d had good results on the phen earlier, we didn’t do that this time.  So, since I couldn’t get the phen, I decided to try the topomax.  Supposedly, it’s supposed to make things taste differently…sweet things…so you don’t want them.  And it’s supposed to be a slight appetite suppressant.  Originally, topomax was for people with seizures.  I took it for about a week.  It made carbonated drinks taste flat.  Other than that, everything tasted the same.  My appetite got worse (since I’d stopped the phen).  I also started feeling really depressed and I had horrible gas.  So, I just stopped taking it.  And now I’m hungry all the time.

So, this is kind of gross, but here’s something I noticed:  I’ve had a lot of gas lately.  I’ve tried cutting back on the high fiber things, but it doesn’t seem to help much.  But here’s the thing…when I have this gas, I’ve noticed that’s when I feel these overwhelming hunger pains.  Even when I’ve just eaten and my stomach feels full, I still feel hungry.  It’s the oddest thing.  It’s got to be something else, but it FEELS like hunger to me.  So, I don’t know what the deal is, but that’s what’s going on with me.

Em had another belt testing and she’s now a brown belt decided.  Just 4 more testings and she’ll be a black belt!  This testing was really good.  She got the best scores she’s had yet!  They were all in the 90s!  She had a great time at her Gum Do seminar too.  She was the only girl there.  😛  Also in Em news, she went back to the ortho for a checkup and he recommended that she have those two bottom, banded teeth removed.  So I took her to the dentist and they took out those, as well as the one on top that needed to come out, in addition to two more top, back teeth.  5 teeth.  The actual pulling (after she was numbed up) took less than 30 seconds to get all 5 out!  They said she had two more top back teeth that were loose and needed to come out too, but the one’s coming in behind them were growing straight, so they should be okay to come out on their own.  A few days later, she complained that she couldn’t get her retainer in.  So, back to the ortho we went.  He adjusted it and shaved some off in different areas.  He never could make it fit, so he gave her the okay to go without it.  She was happy.  🙂  Next time, I think they’re putting two more brackets on the bottom.  We’ll see.

Christmas is over now.  It was my worst one ever.  On Tuesday, one of my back teeth started hurting.  But we had to go to Chris’s parents’ house for Christmas.  The next day was Christmas Eve and my dentist was closed.  My mouth also started REALLY hurting.  They’ve been closed until today and I’ve felt SO bad.  I’ve been in tears a LOT.  I called Teledoc and all they could do is prescribe 3 days of antibiotics.  They didn’t make me feel any better.  I also finished them yesterday.  She also recommended a warm water/salt rinse and a cold back.  That’s helped a bit.  I was taking Aleeve, though it didn’t really seem to help.  The thing that has saved me has been some old pain meds Chris had from when he had his nose surgery (for snoring).  I know, I know.  You’re not supposed to take someone else’s meds AND they’re old, but I’m not sure how I could have survived otherwise.  I was just taking it at night so I could sleep.  But yesterday I started taking it all day, it was so bad.  It still hurts some, but the meds have dulled it a bit.  The dentist called this morning and I have an appointment at 3pm.  Probably, I’m going to have to have a root canal.  I just hope it can be done soon.  I feel horrid.

Other than the pain, it was actually a pretty good holiday.  We got together with Chris’s fam on Tuesday.  It was at Chris’s parents’ house and that’s never ideal, but other than that, it was fine.  Their house is small and there’s not really enough room for us all.  The two youngest girls were SUPER cute though, so that was fun to watch.  Christmas Eve, we just hung around the house.  My parents came that evening.  We just all sat around and watched movies.  Christmas day was good.  We all got lots of stuff we wanted.  Em’s big thing was an xBox One and Disney Infinity 2.0.  The day after Christmas, we went to my Grandmother’s house.  This was fine too except my pain.  It was also my birthday and not really what I wanted to do, but what could I do about it?  We hung out there for a while before heading home.  Since then, we’ve stuck to the house.  I’ve read and played World of Warcraft.  Em got quite a few games and I was hoping we could play that, but I just feel so bad, that I’ve not even tried.  Em had her best friend spend the night last night, so she really enjoyed that.  Hopefully I can get this tooth fixed soon and we can actually DO something.  I haven’t been to the gym since the Thursday before Christmas!

I’ve been horrible with food during the holidays.  Em and I made lots of goodies last Monday.  I’ve been eating them.  And pretty much not caring the rest of the time.  Ooh, speaking of the making of the goodies, I went ahead and got the WW new ActiveLink.  It was $70ish, with $20 off if you had the old one.  But they sent out an email saying you could get it for just $25 for a few weeks.  For that kind of discount, I went ahead and did it.  The new one is much smaller than the old one.  It comes with a holder you can clip, like the old one.  It also comes with one you can put on a chain and wear around your neck.  And it comes with a wrist thing, so you can wear it like a watch.  That’s how I’ve been wearing it.  It also comes with a soft band for at night, to measure your sleep.  It also connects via Bluetooth with your phone.  I like that it’s easy to get the info and I like having the sleep info.  Mine’s pretty consistent at 92-96% efficient sleep.  So I guess that’s good.  I don’t like that the Bluetooth seriously drains the battery.  My old one, I maybe had to sit with it plugged into the computer to charge 3 times.  And I had it for maybe 2 years?  The new one needed to be charged in 3 days.  So, that’s stinks, but it’s not major.  I also don’t like the look of the wrist holder.  It’s grey and ugly.  Overall, I like it though.  I figure they’ll probably come out with some different colors of bands and such to buy at some point.  I have noticed that it gives me WAY more credit than the old one.  Never mind that I’ve not really been on plan, but generally, I don’t eat my Activity Points.  I just like to collect them and see them pile up.  With the first AL, I had to run at the gym or I wouldn’t make my 6AP/day goal.  I just wouldn’t.  If I didn’t do any formal exercise, I would maybe get 1 or 2 points.  Now, I’m usually getting 4-5 APs/day with no formal exercise.  And bringing it back around to why I remembered to tell you about this, Monday when Em and I cooked?  I got 8 APs.  We went to the grocery store and made food.  Other than that, we didn’t do anything.  And it wasn’t particularly a lot of cooking.  So, that’s nice. 🙂

I need to get back on track.  But I really just can’t even be bothered with it when I have this horrible tooth pain.  I plan on working on it once this is cleared up.  I can get back to the gym then too.  So, that’s good.

I got some good stuff for Christmas.  I got a few books I wanted, some tee shirt night gowns, two UA hoodies, some scarves, and house shoes/fuzzy socks.  I got a Bluetooth shower radio, a body fat monitor, a FlipBelt, new headphones, weight lifting gloves, 2 Silpat mats, a Vegetti…I can’t remember what else.  That includes some birthday stuff.  It also kind of blends together.

Em got lots of cool stuff too.  Lots of Monster High and Lego Friends.  She got a tomagotchi (sp?) game for her DS that she’s been glued to.  I got her some cute clothes from Justice.  She got some cute crafting stuff.  My parents got her another ginormous pool toy for the summer.  I’m not sure how we’ll get it there since we don’t have the van any more!

We’re going over to Em’s best friend’s house again for New Year’s.  It should be low-key and fun.  Her mom says there won’t be as many people as last year and there weren’t that many last year either.  Let’s see, other than that, Chris goes back to work on Friday.  Em goes back to school on Monday.  So yeah.  I think you’re caught up.  🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: